Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Oops


We'd been going for two weeks. We were going strong. As I mentioned before, our snacking habits had changed. Dessert was no longer present (scooping rock hard sorbet is more of a deterrent than one would expect). And I gotta admit, I was getting cocky. This whole cooking every day except for the one day we let ourselves eat out? Not so bad. Fruits as snacks? My mother may have had a point! But at the beginning of the third week, well...I'm ashamed to say it, but Matt and I, we failed.

I had already planned what we were going to eat. I had already bought everything we needed. But my schedule shifted a bit and I wasn't able to get started on dinner when I wanted. Instead, it was a glass of wine, and much, much later by the time I made it home and into the kitchen. And by then, well, I didn't want to cook. And Matt, buried as he is with law school, couldn't either. We had already used our "eat out once" option. What to do?

We broke. We ordered pizza. And you know what, it was delicious (and fast! and convenient! and easy!).

As much as I truly do believe that everyone should know how to cook (and actually do it), there are those nights when, for whatever reason, it is so much easier to pick up the phone, or click-click-click on the Internet and have something delivered (or swing by the grocery store and pick up something already made).

Though I have to admit, the pizza we ordered was nowhere near as delicious as the one we made a week ago (using The Pioneer Woman's recipe).

And for those of you wondering, we're not giving up. We've picked ourselves back up, planned out new menus, and we're planning to finish the month strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment